Protocols for parents acting as chaperones
The Ottawa Regional Heritage Fair committee understands that schools/classrooms often like to take the opportunity to have parents/guardians act as chaperones at the Ottawa Heritage Fair.
If a teacher/school chooses to involve parents, the committee requests that the following protocols be respected:
· Parents accept that his/her student be supervised by another parent.
· Chaperone parent is a recognized volunteer at the school.
· A reasonable ratio of parents to students (five students per parent).
· The Committee receives the signed student permission forms from the parents on the day of the fair.
· Parents understand that they may not be present at a student’s display during the judging.